Teaching pressure as a cue, with a strong positive reinforcement history instead of using escalating pressure. While this may seem like a matter of semantics, the resulting emotional state is quite different.
I describe the difference and ways to create the behavior utilizing positive reinforcement.
GUESTS AND LINKS LESSON #42:
- Link to Sound File for Sight Impaired: Click Here
- Host: Shawna Karrasch – Visit her website at On Target Training
- Buy Your Own On Target Training Kit
- Get Shawna's Book On Target Training: Clicker Training and Beyond
- Try Shawna’s DVD You Can Train Your Horse to Do Anything
- Try Shawna’s DVD Set DeSpooking Your Horse: Building Boldness and Confidence
- Trouble Loading? Get On Target Trailer Loading
- Need help cleaning a sheath? Get the DVD Positively Simple Sheath Cleaning
- Learn more about Shawna’s Personal Instruction
- Buy your On Target Training Supplies here
- Visit our sponsors: Via Nova Training and Cavalor Feed